Sociable Museums

Social Media in Art Museums (English + Español)


Can ART be experienced on a phone?

Mobile technologies are becoming a must among art museums from all over the world. A huge variety of devices are regularly offered to visitors for an enhanced experience of their on-site visits.

Cell phones, iPods, PDAs, etc. are the very new substitutes of the not so old museum audioguides.
Users find some advantages using their own devices: they can use them at any moment and place, in other words: not only in the museum physical space and opening schedule. Besides, museums can save a huge expense in maintenance and updating their technology. Museums only have to provide contents suitable for being downloaded from their websites.

But can these technologies substitute on-site experience? Listen David Lynch's opinion about seeing films on a cell phone and try to remember your own daily experience with art museums.



I personally agree with Lynch's opinion and with Steven Spielberg's dislike about seeing films on the screen of a computer. However, thanks to these alternative ways of experiencing art, sometimes I could have that (incomplete) experience that otherwise never had been possible.



Digg!

Etiquetas: , , , , , ,

1 Responses to “Can ART be experienced on a phone?”

  1. # Anonymous Anónimo

    While surfing on the Net I found your blog, I stopped at it to have a rest and I explored it. There is interesting stuff displayed. Now I continue my surfing…
    Make a stop at my blog, if you wish. Ciao.  

Publicar un comentario